Friday, May 4, 2007

An Open Letter To Hollywood...(And Everyone Else)

Dear Hollywood,

I am having a very difficult time processing the recent rash of glitterati-related DUIs. I’m not going to stand on my soapbox and waxing righteously about serious diseases like alcoholism and addiction, because besides of a family history of alcoholism, I have no personal experience (due to that family history, I barely drink and when I do, I’m very careful). I will say, however, that it is the stupidest thing and most preventable of crimes and/or death to drink and then get behind the wheel of a one- ton machine, and in Hollywood supersized four-ton Range Rovers.

I’m not comfortable driving 15 miles two hours and two glasses of water after drinking a happy hour cocktail, so I’m not one to understand getting blitzed and getting behind the wheel. And when you add a couple million dollars, a couple mill in albums sold, it makes absolutely no damn sense for any of the Hollywood crowd to get behind the wheel after a night of celebrity-level partying when you can afford to BUY a cab company, let alone pay the ride. It is easy to make a mistake or lose your head, but a mistake like that can cost your and other people your life.

So while celeb-related DUIs are ever-so trendy right now, next time you find yourself stumbling from a party and ask yourself if you should drive home. And the answer should come from the classy and elegant Whitney Houston, “hell-to-the-naw!”

Thanx,
K

No comments: