Friday, May 4, 2007

FONDA RULE!

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18024492/

Lindsay Lohan admits that part of her loves being a paparazzi target — but she wishes the photographers would stop bothering her for a while so that she can win an Oscar.

“I wouldn’t ever want them to not take my picture,” the “Mean Girls” star told Nylon magazine. “I’d be worried. I’d be like ‘Do people not care about me?’ ”

In fact, she takes it as a sign she’s almost Madonna-like: “I said the other day, ‘I feel like they hound me more than they hound Madonna and she’s someone I’ve always aspired to be like.”

The media attention, is, however, a distraction from an Academy Award.

“The thing about the press and why they need to leave me the [bleep] alone for a little bit is because I don’t want that distraction from my work,” she told the mag. “I want to get a nomination. I want to win an Oscar. I want to be known for more than, like, going out. For being ‘the party girl.’ I hate that. I bust my [bleep] when I’m filming, and when I gave time off, yeah, I like to go out and dance.”



I absolutely LOVE these little pearls of wisdom from LiLo. She’s so young, but she’s already been through so much and she understands how the world works. She worries about being more famous than Madonna. She understands that by having crazy paparazzi engaging her in highspeed car chases, and stalking ever every day it is a direct representation of how much WE, the little people, care.

She’s also quite complex. She likes that she likes having her picture taken but she still wants to be left alone, and doesn’t want to be sidetracked on her quest for Oscar! From my end, I saw that her very underage partying, public feud with poptart Hilary Duff, panty-less friendship with Britney, and the escapades of her crazy family have drawn the press to her…and not her work.

After “Mean Girls,” and subsequent films, LiLo was known at a good actress. Then after bouts of drama and overblown rebellion (with no parents insight), she became this magnet for scandal and drama, things us 9-to-5 clock-punchers gobble up.

As far as the ass-busting goes, Lohan may want to ask Jane Fonda how hard she think she worked on their new film, “Georgia Rule.” It’s been reported that she doesn’t want LiLo at the premiere for their movie after all the on-set kerfuffles (remember during filming, LiLo was late showing up and reported un-prepared, it got so bad the an executive publicly scolded her in an open letter.) Maybe the benevolent Ms. Fonda is helping her in her quest to avoid the press and get that Oscar. FONDA RULE!

No comments: